Smart homes devices make our life much easier. Devices like smart security cameras, smart routers, smart thermostat, alexa, smart garages, etc all come under smart home automation devices. Today we will learn how to connect our Xiaomi Smart Vacuum cleaner to the Fritz box 7530.
To start with you will need to first setup your fritz router. You can do that by connecting your fritz box with ethernet cable to the modem. Then connect to “Fritz!boz-7530-XXX” network name showing up in your wifi list. Then type fritz.box into the url or address bar to begin the router setup.
After the fritzbox 7530 login page appears, create one SSID and password for your wifi network. You need to remember this as we will need them while setting up the vacuum cleaner. You can click a picture of this information if you want.
For this setup we recommend you to place the robot cleaner in the same room as your router. Moreover, you should turn on the bluetooth on your phone before setup.
Setting up Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
After you have successfully setup the wifi router. Next thing you need to do is to plug your smart vacuum cleaner into an electrical outlet.
- Now download and install the “Xiaomi Home App” on your respective android or iOS phones.
- Next, create an account if you already don’t have one.
- Once logged in to the app click on the “+” icon on the top right hand corner to add your robot vacuum.
- The app will automatically detect your vacuum and will show you on the screen. So, tap your xiaomi vacuum cleaner. If it does not show then using the search icon search for a particular model number of your device.
- It will then ask you to reset your vacuum cleaner once. You can reset the Xiomi vacuum cleaner by pressing the “Power key + Home key” at the same time until you hear the voice indicator.
Kindly note that the device should be turned on while you try to reset it. Otherwise the reset won’t work.
- Once the device is into “Network configuration mode” then it will be visible into the app.
- In the next step it will ask you to select your wifi network name with which you would like to connect.
- So select your fritz box among the list of available networks and type its password for confirmation.
- As you click on next, the xiaomi cleaner will get connected to your wifi. If in case it doesn’t connect then cross check your wifi password again. Or else reset the cleaner again by holding down the two buttons for 10-15 seconds.
- Next, you will be able to rename you cleaner plus choose a room for it. This will help you to identify this particular vacuum cleaner in case you are using multiple devices.
What If my robot goes out of Wifi Range?
Suppose your Xiaomi vacuum cleaner goes out of range of the fritz box then it won’t function properly. To tackle this problem we recommend you to set up a Fritz repeater to extend your wifi range.
Next, you will then need to connect your cleaner to the fritz repeater network during setup. Another option is to set up a fritz mesh network. This is actually the best kind of setup for this gadget. As this vacuum cleaner keeps moving to different locations throughout your house. Then it will automatically connect to the strongest signal available inside your house, be it fritz box or http //fritz.repeater.
You can also set up a fritz box as a mesh repeater in case you have an extra router at home.
Following the above mentioned steps you will easily be able to connect your automatic vacuum cleaner not just with a fritz router but with any router at home.