If you have a smart vacuum cleaner Tikom G8000 at home and you would like to connect it to the Wi-Fi extender then follow the guide below. We find the need to connect our robot vacuum cleaner to the extender when we don’t have strong enough Wi-Fi signals throughout our house.
Also make sure you place the extender halfway between the router and your Vacuum cleaner. Before we start we need to make sure we have a working router at home. If you still haven’t setup the router then first you need to do that. Also we will require your router’s SSID and Password during dlinkap extender setup too. So, make sure you note it down somewhere.
Now, we will need to setup the D-Link Wi-Fi extender next. Follow the guide below to do that-
D-Link Extender Setup
- To start with, first you will need to plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Next, wait for 60 seconds until it reboots properly. Once the power LED on it gets stable then we will start with the setup process.
- So, grab a phone or computer and then click on settings. Then go to Wi-Fi settings.
- There you will see the “D-Link-XXX-2.4GHz” network name. Connect to it by tapping onto it. If it asks for a password type the one written on the bottom of the unit.
- Next, open a browser on your phone or computer that is connected to the D-Link extender network name.
- Now, into the address bar type 192.168.0.50 and hit enter.
- It will open up the D-Link extender setup page for you.
- On the next screen, select your router’s SSID and type its password.
- Hit save next. This way you will be able to complete the setup of your D-Link extender using the browser method.
- In this method you will need to simply press the wps button on the router first.
- Now you will see a blinking wps led on it.
- Within 2 mins next, press the wps button on the extender too. Now, the extender and the router will communicate with each other and will get connected within next 60 seconds.
- After successful setup you will be able to see the extender in your Wi-Fi list.
- You can connect your devices to it using the same password as your router.
Now, you will need to plug the repeater halfway between the router and your robot vacuum cleaner.
How to setup Tikom G8000 to Wi-Fi?
Now, first you will need to install this robot vacuum cleaner. For that you will have to remove the protective handles from the sides of the unit. Install the brushes on the sides next. Now, you will need to fix the charging station using the adhesive tapes on the level surface.
Make sure not to place any objects near 3 feet on each side of the charging station. And no object should be in front of it till 6 feets. So, always keep the charging station unit plugged in. Plus fully charge the Tikom vacuum cleaner before using it for the first time.
Now, let’s learn how to connect it to the Wi-Fi-
- To power On the robot, press the power button on it for around 3 seconds.
- Next, we recommend you to download the “Tuya Smart App”. You can use the play store or app store to download the app. Or else scan the QR code on the bottom of the unit to download the app.
- Now, make sure your phone’s cellular data is turned off and you are connected to the 2.4GHz network of your D-Link Wi-Fi extender. Also the bluetooth on your phone should be turned on.
- Now press the power and the home button on your vacuum cleaner to reset the Wi-Fi. And this will also initiate the pairing mode.
- Next, open the Tuya App and tap on “add a device” or “+” icon on the top right hand corner.
- Later, it will ask you to select the Wi-Fi network. So, here select the D-Link extender Wi-Fi network and type its password for confirmation.
IMP:- You need to remember to select your D-Link extender here. If you select your router SSID then your Tikcom will not get connected to the D-Link extender and then you will have to reset the robot vacuum to connect it again with another Wi-Fi.
- Once the unit says “Wi-Fi connection Successful” then it will ensure a successful connection between the Tikcom and D-Link extender.
- Moreover, the Wi-Fi LED will be solid.
- So, this is how you can connect your smart vacuum cleaner to the D-Link Wi-Fi Extender.
In case your unit is not connecting to the Wi-Fi extender network then we recommend you to try placing the repeater/extender closer to the router and then try the connection again. A strong Wi-Fi is needed throughout your house for smart robot cleaner to operate smoothly. So make sure you have Good Wi-Fi reception, or else you have setup Mesh system.