Connecting amazon alexa to Edimax router is just the same as connecting it to any other router or access point. So, first and foremost we need to make sure we have a working router at home. Then we will go ahead and start with Alexa’s setup process.
In case you have recently changed your router and your alexa was connected to the previous router then you will need to reset the alexa first in order to connect it to the new Edimax router.
Now the process to reset the alexa varies from model to model. For example the first generation devices can be reseted by paper clip. For second, third and fourth generation you will need to hold down the “Microphone Off” and “Volume Down” button. So accordingly you can check your device’s manual or use google to find the right reset buttons.
So, to start with we will first need to setup the Edimax router.
Setting up Edimax Wi-Fi Router
- First and foremost, you will need to plug the router into an outlet.
- Next connect an ethernet cable from the modem to the router’s WAN port. In case you don’t have a modem then directly connect the ethernet cable coming from your ISP to the router’s WAN port.
- On your phone or laptop connect it to “Edimax-setup” network name showing up in your Wi-Fi list.
- Next into the browser type “edimax.setup”, and hit enter.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup.
Connecting Amazon Alexa to the Edimax Router
Once you have followed all the steps properly you will be able to establish the internet with your router. In case you can’t then we recommend you to reset the router once and then try the setup again.
Let’s check out how to connect Edimax to the Alexa now-
- So make sure you plug the alexa into the room closer to the edimax router.
- In case your alexa and edimax router are too far away and alexa can’t receive good signals then we recommend you to setup a Wi-Fi extender. Then you can connect the alexa to that Wi-Fi extender’s network name.
- Nevertheless, next you will need to download the compatible Alexa app for your android or iOS phone.
- Then you will need to create an amazon account if you already don’t have one. Now this account is the same as your amazon account that you use for shopping.
- You will then need to follow the on screen instructions and give several permissions to alexa.
- You will then need to create an “Voice ID” by repeating the sentences showing up in your Wi-Fi list.
- You can then allow access to your family members for using alexa using the app.
- On the homepage of your Alexa App you will need to add your alexa. So for that tap on the “Devices” option on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- Then click on the “+” icon on the top right hand corner.
- Next you will need to select “Amazon echo” as the device that you want to add.
- And again you will need to tap on Echo dot or your respective device model number that you are adding.
Important:- Make sure you turn on the location of your device i.e. your cell phone in order for the alexa to work properly.
- Moreover, you will need to turn on the bluetooth for the setup purpose.
- Next the app will ask you if you see an orange light on the alexa or not. If you do press “Yes” on the app. If you don’t then press and hold the action button on it for around 5-10 seconds until you see the orange light.
- The app will then search for the device and will show you the Alexa on the phone. You will simply need to tap on it to add it.
- Next it will show you the list of all the nearby available networks. So this is an important step of connecting Edimax with Alexa as here you will need to select your Edimax Router SSID.
- It might also ask you to type its password for confirmation if required.
- With the “Your echo dot is now connected” message on the screen your device is successfully setup.
- You will then be given an option to choose the language for your Alexa to work.
- Lastly, choose the room and location and hit “Continue”.
So, this is how you can setup the Alexa with edimax router. In case you face any difficulty with the setup then you can get in touch with amazon support or Edimax support accordingly.
In order to connect amazon alexa to any router be it Edimax, netgear, linksys, tp-link, etc, all you need to do is first setup the router. Then during the setup process select your router’s SSID and that’s it.